CGE is Seeking a Treasurer
Type of position: Part-time, volunteer
Approximate hours: 10-15 hours per month
If interested: please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have some background in budgeting or accounting and a passion for the environment and social justice? Are you looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity that will help Evanston become more environmentally just, sustainable, and resilient? If so, this position could be for you.
Citizens’ Greener Evanston (CGE) is a dynamic and growing non-profit organization that’s been working with the City to help it meet its goal of being carbon neutral by 2050. We’re at an exciting inflection point as we enter our next stage of growth and development that will increase our effectiveness, and we’re seeking a treasurer who can volunteer 10-15 hours per month to help us on this journey.
In this role you would work with CGE’s accountant to help with:
- Preparing a monthly financial report
- Processing donations and other income
- Writing checks to third parties and for reimbursement
- Providing financial information for the annual report
- Assisting with developing the annual budget
- Helping with tax filings
- Maintaining the CGE books and financial accounts
- Participating in monthly CGE executive committee meetings
CGE will provide the necessary onboarding to help you get up to speed.