The Evanston Green Living Festival is an annual community event presented by the Evanston Environmental Association (EEA) and the City of Evanston. The festival provides a venue where local organizations can present their green products, services and ideas to attendees who are looking for ways to lower their personal carbon footprint.
- Date: Saturday, September 27, 2014
- Time: 9:00am to 3:00pm (Exhibitors must arrive earlier than 8:00am to setup)
- Location: Evanston Ecology Center – 2024 McCormick Blvd, Evanston, IL 60201
The 2014 Evanston Green Living Festival attractions include:
- A “Livability Hub” organized by Citizens’ Greener Evanston where individuals and organizations can learn more about the Evanston Livability Plan
- The Green Market – nearly 4000 square feet of covered outdoor space featuring exhibits by over 80 participating green businesses and organizations
- The NU Tiny House – a 128 square foot totally sustainable house built by students from Northwestern University
- Alternative Transportation demos including a wide selection of all-electric and hybrid autos along with other exhibits on greener transportation options
- Alternative Energy displays including Solar panels and other educational energy demonstrations.
- Plenty of fun and engaging activities for kids: canoeing, bubbling, critter tours, crafts, and more!
- Free Bicycle rickshaw rides for attendees who want to experience the ultimate in alternative transportation
- Delicious Food and Refreshments from the Hummingbird Kitchen
- Composting of festival food scraps by Collective Resource
- Free shuttle service to and from the downtown Davis St. Metra station with stops at the Haven and Kingsley school parking lots courtesy of the City of Evanston
- Secure Bike Parking – we always encourage attendees to bike, walk or take mass transit to the festival.