Update on Green Mobility and Building Efficiency Initiatives
Please join us for an update on new initiatives now getting underway to reduce our community’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from transportation and from buildings. These new projects have been developed to help implement the Evanston Livability Plan, our campaign to reduce Evanston’s GHG emissions 20% by 2016.
Initiatives we will be discussing include —
• Walking School Bus program
• Public awareness video project about coexisting as walkers, bikers, and drivers
• Bikeability programs, including Bike Benefits and bike sharing
• Home energy assessment and retrofit programs
Following presentations about the various programs, we will break into small groups to discuss them in more detail and hear your ideas for successful implementation.
When: Saturday, October 18 — 9:00 am-noon
Where: Community Meeting Room, Evanston Public Library
Plan to join us on the 18th to learn about these initiatives and ways in which you can get involved in helping achieve our 20%-by-2016 emissions-reduction goal. If you are not able to attend the meeting but have ideas to share — or if you would like to help with one of the programs — please contact email@example.com.
* This update is being convened under the auspices of Sustain Evanston, an informal network of organizations and individuals committed to supporting initiatives aimed at improving the sustainability of the Evanston community. Facilitated by the Evanston Office of Sustainability, the network meets roughly twice a year to share information about ongoing efforts and explore opportunities to work together on projects of mutual interest. One of those projects is the initiative to reduce Evanston’s greenhouse gas emissions by 20% by 2016.