Evanston’s ambitious Climate Action and Resilience Plan calls for us to become carbon-neutral by 2050. That will take a lot of effort, and CGE is working closely with the City to help it reach that goal. We invite you to join CGE and become part of this important journey. You’ll get our monthly newsletter and periodic announcements so you can stay connected to what’s happening in the Evanston sustainability community. We also encourage you to volunteer for one of our working groups if you have a special interest:
- Energy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental Justice: email@example.com
- Food (Edible Evanston): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Natural Habitat: email@example.com
- Transportation: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waste (Beyond Waste Evanston): email@example.com
- Water (Watershed Collective): firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to get involved in community events? CGE members participate in a number of events such as Evanston Earth Day, Nature’s Night Out, Oaktober, Farmers Market Nonprofit Day, and others where we engage and educate people about ways to reduce Evanston’s carbon footprint. We also host Green Drinks, a series of talks for the community that look at intriguing, sustainability-oriented topics and allow for networking. To learn more about opportunities to promote sustainable practices at a community event or to help plan future Green Drinks programs please contact email@example.com.
Don’t have the time but want to support the effort? You can still play a valuable role by supporting CGE with a tax-deductible donation.